Job position:Assistant-Lecturer in Community Health and Development
North Coast Medical Training College (NCMTC) is a private-not-for profit medical training college located in Kilifi-South. Since 2012, NCMTC is training a wide array of healthcare workers at diploma, certificate, and post-basic diploma level. It is known for pioneering competency based and student-centred training approaches in Kenya using modern training facilities and technologies.
In its quest to strengthen the training team for Community Health students, NCMTC is recruiting a Community Health Assistant-Lecturer to join the departmental team in organizing, facilitating, and assessing student learning activities and whose core tasks and responsibilities are outlined below.
Tasks and responsibility
- Participate in the training and assessment of learning of senior (2nd & 3rd year) students including:
- Preparing and uploading lesson plans and related teaching and learning and assessment materials for assigned lessons
- Planning and conducting lectures
- Planning and conducting tutorials
- Planning and conducting Skills lab sessions
- Assessing student performance
- Mentor, guide and advice students in their learning and development of professional behaviour
- Generally, participate in any other activities related to planning, implementation and evaluation of teaching and learning for first year certificate and diploma students in the college.
- Contribute to other aspects of training of community health students, community health healthcare service provision, and training of first year students including but not limited to community health students
- Participate in research with guidance of senior lecturers.
- Guide and support mentors, tutors, interns, student facilitators and other junior staff supporting the learning of students.
- Competent community health worker with up-to-date knowledge and good technical and generic skills in community health
- Good team player
- Interested in the development and support of young healthcare professionals
- Good oral English and Kiswahili and excellent written English language skills
- Competent oral and verbal communicator while working with individuals and teams
- Excellent computer skills with good mastery of MS office applications
Required education and experience
- BSc in Community Health and Development
- 2 years’ experience in providing health care services
- Teaching experience
- Experience with mentoring adolescents
- Experience with e-learning
How to apply?
Interested candidates to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be 16th August 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.