Health Professions Education
The HD in Health Professions Education is now offered by North Coast Medical Training College in partnership with Maastricht University. NCMTC began offering this course in 2016 as a certificate but in 2020 we upgraded to Higher Diploma.
This innovative interprofessional course offers practising health care professionals – physicians, nurses, physical therapists, nutritionists, and other health care specialists – unique opportunities to prepare for:
- Educating health care professionals to be the workforce of the future.
- Applying the science of learning to the challenges of educating interprofessional health care teams.
- Becoming educational leaders in academic medicine, nursing, and other health-related disciplines
- Applying student-centred education
Who Is the Course For?
This course has been developed for health professional educators (Trainers of health professionals). This course is best for you if:
- You have a deep desire to be a better teacher than you are right now
- You are a teacher who’s always lively never having a dull and boring class.
- You are a teacher that is innovative, keeping up with the current changes in the sector.
- You are an inspirational and motivational teacher
- You want to change your career from practising to teaching.
A trainee applying for this course should have the following minimum qualifications:
a)A Diploma in any health profession from a recognized institution, AND/OR
b)A Degree in any health profession from a recognized institution, AND
c)Working at or attached to a health training institution or a health facility where they are involved with the training of students
The course is designed as a blended learning program in which there is face-to-face as well as online learning components, this program allows participants to immediately apply what they’re learning to their work. To ensure this happens, all participants in this program should be working at or be attached to a health training institution or a health facility where they are involved with students.
Being a good patient care provider does not automatically mean that one is a good teacher! This is the course to make you an all-rounder from caregiver to classroom!!